Archived Pages from 20th Century!!
Soufriere Hills, Montserrat, West Indies
- Go here for the latest scientific information on the eruption!
- Weekly Scientific Reports of the activity from Montserrat Volcano Observatory
- Morning and Daily Reports From Montserrat Volcano Observatory
- Scientific Updates and Press Releases from the Government Information
Other Eruption Updates
of the Caribbean Islands showing political boundaries
and Relief Map of Montserrat Island, Soufriere Hills
Map showing peaks, Plymouth, and dimensions © Lyn Topinka, USGS/CVO
Hazards Map showing "Sequential hazard zone of Soufriere Hills
Volcano. Zone 1 is the earliest hazard zone affected by mudflows derived
from the major fumaroles. Zones 2-7 represent those areas that would be
covered by deposits from an eruption centred on Castle Peak dome that increased
sequentially in strength by five increments."
- Caption: Figure 9, p.549 from Wadge, G., & Isaacs, M. C. (1988).
Mapping the volcanic hazards from Soufriere Hills Volcano, Montserrat,
West Indies using an image processor. Journal of the Geological Society,
London, 145, 1988, pp. 541-551.
Related Sites of Interest