Archived Pages from 20th Century!!
|For adults and children ages 10 and up
|Estimated Retail price: $49.95
- IBM® and compatibles: 486DX2/66 MHz or better; hard
disk (with 70K minimum available space); double-speed CD-ROM drive; 256-color
- DOS 5.0 or higher; Windows 3.1 or higher (including Windows
- 8 MB RAM (16 MB recommended)
- Windows-compatible sound card
- Mouse; printer (optional); modem (optional; required
for online features only)
The one multimedia encyclopedia that searches the world to answer your
questions. Now you can access exactly what you need -- instantly and easily
-- with the Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia. Within seconds it will
search 37,000 encyclopedia articles, and thousands of photos, videos, maps,
charts, and more to find your answers. In fact, Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia
even takes you to related Web sites that have been carefully reviewed and
pre-selected by research specialists. So whatever your questions, Compton's
Interactive Encyclopedia is your fastest route to the answers.
|Features & Benefits:
- Extensive search capabilities pinpoint exactly the information you
- Direct links to related Web sites have been pre-selected by research
specialists to provide in-depth, up-to-date information.
- Monthly Updater that provides new articles and Web links and updates
existing articles on a monthly basis.
- Comprehensive resources include:
- 37,000 articles and thousands of hypertext links
- a multitude of captivating photos, videos, maps, charts, and sound
- a library of reference tools, including dictionaries, thesaurus, atlas,
and interactive timelines
- Easy-to-use copy, paste, and printing capabilities.
- Introductory tour guided by Patrick Stewart.
© 1996 SoftKey Multimedia Inc., a subsidiary of SoftKey International
Inc., and its licensors. All rights reserved.