Archived Pages from 20th Century!!
Networked Information System
Welcome to the Oxford University Networked Information
- New users start here!
and National Computing Information
Copyright of Material in Oxford's
This page provides a structured view of the information provided by
a number of servers (gopher and WWW) managed around the University. Each
major area is managed by a designated person (named on the following pages)
- if you have any comments about the information provided, please make
them in the first instance to the relevant person.
The service also provides the main access route to information and
services held around the world. Readers should be aware that many services
lie outside the control of anyone within Oxford University, and no guarantee
of the authenticity of any information obtained through these routes is
- Help, a few pointers, and examples (provided by Computing Services).
- Oxford University
- Information about the University - including administrative information
(salaries, job vacancies, student admissions etc), the University Gazette
(news, college job vacancies etc), and events.
- Phone and Email
- Contact details for departments, colleges and individuals. Also links
to a number of international directories, and details of the email-to-fax
- Colleges and Academic
- Contact information and information services provided by individual
colleges and academic departments.
- Oxford Libraries
- Details of each library (central University, college, departmental
and faculty) together with access to the online catalogue (OLIS). Maintained
by William Mackintosh, Libraries Automation Service.
- Computing Services
- Central Computing Services information (advice, documentation, courses
etc.) and general University IT information (site-licensed software, IT
committees minutes and reports etc).
- Local and National Computing
- Look here for the status of the central OUCS computers, University-wide
IT information including the local SIGs, and a number of jumping-off points
to national academic computing resources (such as CTI, JANET and NISS).
- Information maintained by and for the University student population
(college officers, clubs and societies, the Students' Union). Maintained
by Oxford University Student Union.
- The World
- The `gateway to the networks' - links, by service and by subject, to
information services around the world. Maintained by Richard Gartner, Bodleian
Monday, 01-Jul-96 09:59:33 BST